tirsdag den 28. maj 2013
Lampeskærme! / Lamp shades!
Det var min plan at lave skærme, men det var altså først i søndags, i regnvejret der kun indbød til at sidde inde og se film, at det blev til noget.
It is already quite a while since I bought some lamp shade skeletons in Lagerhaus in Sweden. After I have been living in my apartment for 11 years with naked light-bulbs hanging from the kitchen ceiling, the poor bulbs now had been upgraded to naked bulbs with skeletons of lamp shades.
I wanted to make shades, but it wasn't until this Sunday, in the rain that called for nothing but sitting inside, watching movies, that I got started.
Men man bliver altså lidt træt af at hækle blomster! Så istedet for 100 blomster mere, blev det sorte, dobbelte stangmasker som blev til resten af lampeskærmen.
In the end, I chose crochet. Using 2 different flowers, a big and a small model. I used "gotlandsk pelsuld" from my stash, and available in several colors. First I wanted flowers all over.
But you really grow weary from crocheting flowers! So instead of making another 100 flowers, I ended up with black, double crochet for the rest of the lamp shade.
Ialt brugte jeg 85 gram garn i 7 forskellige farver. De var meget simple at lave. Først lavede jeg en ring med blomster og tænkte, at den nok kunne passe i vidden ét eller andet sted på stativet. Derefter hæklede jeg stangmasker, så det passede i højden, når det blev strukket lidt. De skulle jo ikke sidde alt for løst. Nederst lavede jeg den buekant, jeg kan finde ud af......
Now they are hanging in the kitchen, looking very finished. It is a bit untraditional using black lamp shades, and the light became a bit darker (if you know what I'm talking about), but since it is filled with holes, it works out nicely.
I used a total of 85 grams in 7 different colors. They were very simple to make. First I made a ring of flowers, thinking it would fit somewhere on the skeleton. Then I did double crochet until it was the right size from top to bottom, when it was stretched a bit. I didn't want them to be too loose! On the bottom edge I made the crochet edge that I know how to make......
Herman will be eaten today! He just managed to get some decendants. Now I just need to find some people in need of a cake-baby.