lørdag den 7. februar 2015
Der var sådan set ikke noget galt med hverken mønster, garn eller strikkepinde, men strikkefastheden var SERIØST underlig, fandt jeg ud af!
I was going to knit a master Yoda hat for the young lady of the family. I had the pattern, yarn and needles. And started knitting.
There really wasn't anything wrong with the pattern, yarn or needles, but I discovered the gauge was SERIOUSLY weird!
Jeg brugte 60 gram af diverse uldgarn og pind 3,75 mm, og huen blev såmænd rigtig fin. God facon, og der er umiskendeligt noget Yoda over den. (Mønsteret er iøvrigt herfra)
Since kids have amazingly big heads, I ended up choosing size 2-3 years in order to have something suitable for a 9 months baby. I hoped. It fitted nicely on the teddy bear!
I used 60 grams of different kinds of wool and needles size 3.75 mm, and the hat turned out very nice. Great shape, and it makes you think of Yoda. (The pattern is from this book)
She was able to wear it, although her cheeks looked very big, just escaping from the edge of the hat...... So I'll make another one. In heavier yarn. Using 5 mm needles. I think the new one will be perfect! (The first one goes to another baby)